Building material on the highway

The highway must not normally be used for the storage of building material even for a short time. Such items should always be kept on private land wherever possible.

In exceptional circumstances, it may be necessary to use a part of the highway for this purpose, however this must be agreed with the Highway Authority in advance to agree permission.

Please call transportation services on 01202 265255 or email for further advice.

Report building material or other obstructions on the highway

You can report building material or other obstructions on the highway using our online form. You will need to let us know the:

  • exact location
  • type of obstruction and whether it represents a safety hazard
  • who or what is causing the obstruction (if known)
  • your name and contact details (optional)

If the obstruction is an emergency please phone us on:

Page last updated: 25 February 2021
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.