Flytipping is rubbish that's been dumped on the road, pavement or public land.

Use this service to:

  • report flytipping on council-owned land, roads and pavements

Do not use this service to:

  • report flytipping on private property or land

Completing this form takes around 5 minutes.


You will need to tell us:

  • the location of the flytipping
  • any additional information that can help us locate the issue
  • your contact details if you want us to update you

You can also upload a picture.

How you can help

If you give your waste to someone else to dispose of and it is flytipped, you could be held responsible. Any company carrying or disposing of waste must have a waste carriers licence and you can check they have this through the Environment Agency's waste carrier's public register.

Putting items on the public highway

If you put any items on the pavement for others to pick up and reuse (including electrical items, furniture etc) you are flytipping. These items should be kept on your property and advertised through signs, newspapers or websites.

Some companies and charities collect items from you for free. Alternatively, you can take the items to our tip and recycling centre or use our bulky waste collection service.

Putting items by communal bins or in refuse areas

Putting items including furniture, electrical items and appliances by communal bins, wheelie bins or in other refuse areas is flytipping. These items cannot be collected with normal household refuse and must be reused, recycled or disposed of in a legal and safe way. This can be done through our tip and recycling centre or use our bulky waste collection service.

Page last updated: 15 February 2021
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.