Coronavirus (COVID-19): Latest information and advice about the Coronavirus in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole, including updates on services.

Apply for an older person's bus pass

You can apply for an older person's bus pass if you have reached the state pension age for women (whether you are a woman or a man) and are a permanent resident of Poole.

This pass allows free off-peak travel on local buses everywhere in England. Off-peak hours are from 9.30am until 11pm Monday to Friday and all day at weekends and Bank Holidays.

To find out when you become eligible for your bus pass, check your State Pension age on GOV.UK

To confirm your address is in Poole, you can check which council area you're in. If you have a second home in Poole, you must apply to the council where your main home is.

Use this service to:

  • apply for an older person's bus pass


You will need:

  • to set up an online account with us
  • proof of your permanent residency in Poole (Council Tax bill, rental agreement, utility bill)
  • proof of your date of birth (birth certificate, passport, driving licence)
  • your National Insurance Number
  • a recent passport style/size colour photo: digital or scanned photo

Please do not submit your application more than 4 weeks before the date you are eligible. Applications made before this may be refused and returned.

Bus pass renewals

As long as you have used your pass in the 12 months before the expiry date, it scans on the bus and we have your correct details, we’ll send your renewed bus pass in the post around 2 weeks before the other one runs out. 

Other ways to apply

If you would like to apply by post, you can download an application form or request one to be emailed or posted to you by emailing or by calling 01202 634249

If you need any help or support, please call us on 01202 634249.

Please read the terms and conditions for more information about using your bus pass.

Page last updated: 11 September 2019
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.