Covid-19 Update (Wednesday 13 May 2020) Poole Park and Branksome Park Tennis Courts
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on Sunday evening (10 May), we are working hard to get the tennis courts reopened as quickly as possible. Please keep checking this page for further information. The courts will have limited access and we are asking for your co-operation in strictly following the guidance from the Government and the LTA, with regard to social distancing and hygiene practices, which include, but are not limited to the following:
- stay 2 metres away from others
- players should bring their own hand sanitiser and use before, during and after a tennis session without exception
- you can play singles: with one other person, not in your household (and observe all social distancing guidelines)
- you can play doubles: if all players are from the same household do not share equipment such as tennis rackets
- bring your own, new or fresh, clearly marked tennis balls (e.g. with your initials) to avoid cross handling
- players are advised not to change ends during play
- avoid touching your face
- have your drink breaks apart from one another
- do NOT shake hands during play
- avoid gathering in groups before/after play at the gate or car park area
- allow others to enter/leave the gate without crowding at its entrance. Please finish your game 10 minutes early to avoid cross over with others arriving for their booking
- do not congregate after playing
Please note: Toilet facilities will be unavailable until the cafés at both sites have reopened.
All services are subject to review in line with the current and evolving Government and LTA advice and will be closed if they become unsafe.
We recommend you keep checking the Poole Tennis Booking website as this information is liable to change at very short notice.
Important membership information
For members with an active membership we will automatically add a 2-month extension to the expiry date. You don’t need to do anything.
If your membership expired between 23 March and Friday 15 May, you will need to apply for a new membership but please contact us first to discuss an extension at no extra cost (the extension will be based on loss of court time during the lockdown period). Contact email@example.com.
New membership applications
You can apply for a new membership online via the tennis application form.
We are unable to accommodate pay and play customers at this time but will reimplement this option as soon as possible.
We recommend visiting the Government and LTA websites to stay up to date with the guidance and to frequently check the Poole tennis booking website as information is liable to change at very short notice. All services are subject to review and will be closed if they become unsafe.
Page last updated: 13 May 2020