Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
Following government guidance regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), some of our beach services may be disrupted or operating differently.
See further information about changes to other services.
Fine, golden sand, gradual sloping beach and clean, safe water make Shore Road beach an ideal place to visit. This Blue Flag beach offers a range of facilities along the promenade, including ice cream kiosks and a cafe. The area is also renowned for its wind and kite surfing, with opportunity or hire equipment or have lessons nearby. Find out about the Poole Harbour Catchment initiative.
- parking: Shore Road (off-street), BH13 7PH; 71 spaces. Disabled car park nearby with 12 spaces. There is also Harbourside pay and display parking along Banks Road. On hot days, the car park fills up fast, so consider alternative ways of travel.
We have the following facilities available:
- public toilets, including disabled and baby change
- drinking water
- ice cream kiosks and cafe
- water sports equipment hire and lessons
- seasonal beach office and lifeguard cover during the summer months (May to September)
- sailing vessel parking; apply for a sailing vessel parking permit
You can reach Shore Road beach by ramp. Contact Sandbanks beach office to find out about our all-terrain beach wheelchairs you can hire with 24 hours' notice.
We have a number of beach huts available for both short term hire and annual hire.
Dogs are not allowed on Shore Road beach from 1 May to 30 September. Dogs are allowed on all Poole beaches from 1 October to 30 April.Always keep dogs on a lead on the promenade. Read our dogs on the beach page.
There is no designated barbecue area on this beach. You can have a barbecue on any of Poole's beaches, but you should read the barbecue and parties guide before you plan one.
Things to do
Visit Poole Tourism for more activities in the area.
Shore Road beach has Blue Flag status.
Page last updated: 05 August 2020