Fine, golden sand, gradual sloping beach and clean, safe water make Shore Road beach an ideal place to visit. This Blue Flag beach offers a range of facilities along the promenade, including ice cream kiosks and a cafe. The area is also renowned for its wind and kite surfing, with opportunity or hire equipment or have lessons nearby. Find out about the Poole Harbour Catchment initiative.
- parking: Shore Road (off-street), BH13 7PH; 71 spaces. Disabled car park nearby with 12 spaces. There is also Harbourside pay and display parking along Banks Road. On hot days, the car park fills up fast, so consider alternative ways of travel.
We have the following facilities available:
- public toilets, including disabled and baby change
- drinking water
- ice cream kiosks and cafe
- water sports equipment hire and lessons
- lifeguard cover during the summer months (May to September)
- sailing vessel parking; apply for a sailing vessel parking permit
You can reach Shore Road beach by ramp.
We have a number of beach huts available for both short term hire and annual hire.
Dogs are not allowed on Shore Road beach during the summer season from 1 May to 30 September. Dogs are allowed on all Poole beaches during the winter from 1 October to 30 April. Always keep dogs on a lead on the promenade. Read our dogs on the beach page.
Please be a responsible owner and pick up after your dog.
You can only have barbecues on Poole beaches after 6pm but you should read the barbecue guide before you plan one.
Please dispose of all rubbish responsibly in the bins provided but remember to douse disposable barbecues after use and leave them next to the rubbish bins on the promenade for our beach cleansing team to collect once they have cooled down.
Open fires are not permitted on any of our beaches at any time. You may be prosecuted if you attempt to light an open fire.
Camping is not permitted on any of our beaches at any time. You may be prosecuted if you attempt to camp anywhere along the seafront.
Things to do
Visit Poole Tourism for more activities in the area.
Shore Road beach has Blue Flag status.
Page last updated: 20 August 2021