Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
See further information about changes to other services.
Branksome Chine offers great sandy beaches and stunning views across the coastline. Its Blue Flag status attracts both locals and visitors. It offers a range of facilities, including a beach shop, a car park situated next to the beach and a popular cafe.
- parking: Branksome Chine (off-street), BH13 6LP, 104 spaces, 3 disabled. There is a pay and display car park in nearby Beach Road. On hot days, the car parks fill up quickly, so consider alternative ways to travel.
We have the following facilities available:
- public toilets (including accessible/disabled)
- drinking water
- lifeguard cover from May to September
At Branksome chine:
- you can access Branksome Chine beach by ramp.
- a beach accessible wheelchair is available on a first come, first served basis, between May and September, from 9.30am to 4.30pm (Refundable £50 cash deposit required)
- Wheel chair accessible electric BBQ hotplates
We have a number of beach huts available for both short term hire and annual hire.
Dogs are not allowed on Branksome Chine during the summer season from 1 May to 30 September. Dogs are allowed on all Poole beaches during the winter, from 1 October to 30 April. Always keep dogs on a lead on the promenade. Read our dogs on the beach page.
Please be a responsible owner and pick up after your dog.
Electric BBQs are available from 10am to 10pm on a first come, first served basis. For more information and details of electric BBQ locations check our user guide.
You can have a disposable barbecue on most Poole beaches after 6pm, but you should read the barbecue guide before you plan one.
Please dispose of all rubbish responsibly in the bins provided but remember to douse disposable barbecues with water after use and leave them next to the rubbish bins on the promenade for our beach cleansing team to collect once they have cooled down.
Open fires are not permitted on any of our beaches at any time. You may be prosecuted if you attempt to light an open fire.
Camping is not permitted on any of our beaches at any time. You may be prosecuted if you attempt to camp anywhere along the seafront.
Things to do
Visit Poole Tourism for more activities in the area.
Branksome Chine holds Blue Flag status.
Page last updated: 23 August 2021