The mental health carers officer supports individuals who provide regular and substantial care to service users with a mental health condition.
The services provided include:
- assessments for carers of clients with a mental health condition
- agreement and development of care plans, for and with carers
- direct short term support
- information to help carers meet their needs
- participation in the organisation and delivery of carer information/education events
- help to develop awareness of carer issues and support training of others to meet carers needs
Employed by Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation Trust, the Officer is based with the Poole Community Mental Health Team for Adults of Working Age at Alderney Community Hospital, Ringwood Road, Poole BH12 4NB. Telephone: 01202 305062.
Page last updated: 02 May 2019