Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have made changes to our services for vulnerable adults to make sure that they are both effective and safe.
See further information about changes to services.
Sight and Hearing team
The Sight and Hearing team provide services for people with sight or hearing difficulties living in Poole, both children and adults.
An impairment in sight or hearing (or both) may well cause difficulties in everyday activities. The Sight and Hearing team specialists provide advice and assistance to help you make adjustments so that you can cope more easily.
The team work closely with healthcare staff at both the Royal Bournemouth Hospital Eye Clinic and the Audiology Clinic (Shelley Road, Boscombe).
We also have links with local voluntary organisations and support groups.
Ways we can help you
We can help you by providing an assessment of your needs. Areas covered are:
- your safety in the home
- your mobility
- your communication needs such as Braille, touch-typing, sign language, lip speaking and computers
- listening to your experiences and concerns
- practical and emotional support
We can provide:
- support and advice
- some equipment to help
- mobility training to help with your safety outside of the home
- advice for benefits entitlement
- information about support groups
- daily living skills to enable you to remain safe in your own home
- liaison with other professional organisations for example health, education, employment, police
Other support for you
Page last updated: 28 April 2020