Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
On advice from the government regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), some services have changed. Find the latest information and advice about our services for vulnerable adults in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
See further information about changes to services.
The Care and Support Directory provides comprehensive information and advice on choosing and paying for your care and support in Dorset.
People finding it hard to manage on their own and their families, need to know where they can go for help and advice, and help on the many community care services that are available locally. The Care and Support Directory is an important source of that information including home support, care homes, specialist care and other useful contacts.
The directory contains information about the services available to people in Poole, Bournemouth and Dorset which includes:
- the protection of vulnerable adults
- assessment of needs
- advice about social care, health, housing and money
- short term help at home to recover your independence after an illness or a crisis
- equipment to support independence
- adaptations to the home environment
- benefits advice
- meals at home
- social activity
- support for carers and providing breaks
- personal care at home
- Direct Payments
- care homes and care homes with nursing
Page last updated: 16 November 2020