"When my husband returned home from hospital I cared for him single-handedly for 8 months. When this became too much, I contacted Poole Adult Social Care for help. You responded very quickly and a Social Worker was allocated to help, and what a godsend this was! He arranged respite care in a rest home and for the five weeks my husband was there I was able to recharge my batteries. The Social Worker has always explained things in a simple manner to ensure we both understood what was available to us. Not only did he cater for my husband’s needs but he always reminded me that he took into account my well-being as full-time carer. We could not have had better attention paid to our problems and are very grateful for this. The Occupational Therapy team were just excellent in sorting out the aids my husband needed to get his recovery going."
This is what Mrs C told us about the support received for herself and her husband.
In Adult Social Care we think it’s really important to listen to what the people who use our services, like Mrs C above, think. We believe we offer high quality services that are good value for money, but we are always keen to hear what you think we can do to improve services to meet your individual care needs.
Here's what some of you have told us and the changes we made as a result:
- you said: concerns were raised about security at Poole Day Centre
- we did: as a result, security has been increased by installing CCTV cameras
- you said: relatives needed more time and information to enable them to prepare for attending safeguarding meetings
- we did: letters inviting relatives to meetings were made clearer and a number of fact sheets were produced to better inform people about the adult safeguarding pathway and what to expect
Here's how you can get involved:
- tell us your comments
- if you think we've got it wrong, we're sorry: please use the complaints section and help us to put it right
- join a service user or carer meeting
- join the Virtual Consultation Group
- get involved in a discussion/consultation
- help us proof-read whether our letters are clear and jargon-free
- get involved in helping us recruit and train staff
- help to monitor the services we provide, for example day centres
- become part of a team to draw up a contract for a new service
- any others? Please tell us...
If you would like to get involved, please contact our Quality Team using any of the methods below:
Help and support to ensure you have your say
Everyone who uses our services has the right to have their voice heard. We know that different people need different types of support to help them communicate and get involved. We can help in the following ways:
- assistance with transport to get to consultation events
- communication equipment at meetings and events
- information in accessible formats (for example audio CD, braille, easy read)
- language interpreters (including British Sign Language)
Data Protection Act
The information you provide is protected by the Data Protection Act. Strict controls are in place to safeguard such data. Further details are in our leaflet 'Protecting Your Personal Information', which can be supplied on request. We will always check with you before we include what you've told us on our website.
We can supply this information in large print, in audio format, or have it translated for you. A member of staff will also be happy to discuss this information with you. Please call 01202 633902.
Page last updated: 15 January 2019