Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have made changes to our services for vulnerable adults to make sure that they are both effective and safe.
See further information about changes to services.
If you are interested in doing higher education later on, you will be supported with the whole UCAS application process. This will include writing your personal statement and applying for student finance.
Higher education is not only about going to university and getting a traditional degree. You could choose to do a foundation degree, combining academic study with workplace learning or a Higher National Certificate or Higher National Diploma.
Financial support is available, so money does not need to be a barrier.
- a higher education bursary (minimum £2,000) is available to young people in full time higher education
- students will be supported to apply for tuition fees and maintenance loans from Student Finance England
- students will be supported to apply for available care leaver packages of support from their selected university
- a refundable deposit for student accommodation will be available
- accommodation will be provided during Easter, Christmas and summer holidays until the completion of the course
- we will pay your travel costs to and from university at the start and end of each term, including 1 return visit per term and a time of your choice
- you will be provided with a laptop to support your studies
- any additional payments will be at the discretion of the Pathways Team Manager
UCAS - Connecting people to university, apprenticeships & internships.
Which? University - Free and independent way to search and compare UK degree courses and universities.
Propel - Online resources for care leavers with information about the support available to them from universities and colleges.
UCAS - Undergraduate Getting Started - Care Leavers - support with finance, settling in, and accommodation for care leavers.
Student Finance Advice
Special Educational Needs and Disability offer
Page last updated: 31 August 2021