The strategic procurement team is made up of commercially-minded professionals with a strong procurement background, capable of helping your school make informed purchasing decisions based on balancing good procurement practice with real value for money.
Benefits of accessing this service:
- access to a wide range of goods and services contracts
- economies of scale achievable by the LEA over a single school
- up to date procurement expertise that schools do not have to develop or maintain in-house
- strategic procurement professionals who know how the system works internally and externally
- option of a "pay-as-you-go" approach rather than flat annual charges
The strategic procurement team can provide advice in person, over the phone or by e-mail. For more complex matters or a school contracts VFM health check we will visit the school to discuss your requirements.
In addition you will have access to the following:
- portfolio of over 20 corporate contracts (e.g. Educational Supplies, etc)
- hundreds of pre-negotiated, fully compliant framework contracts* through professional buying organisations such as Crown Commercial Services (formerly Buying Solutions), BECTA, Yorkshire Purchasing Organisation, Eastern Shires Purchasing Organisation, Central Buying Consortium and other approved collaborative procurement bodies. (*further competitions may apply)
- clear and simple online procurement guidance, policy, templates, forms and letters, etc
- contract health check service to review existing contracts and spend in order to identify opportunities to save money
- purchasing cards to manage low value transactions
- electronic posting of OJEU adverts (EU tenders)
For more information contact the strategic procurement team email@example.com, phone 01202 633266.
Page last updated: 05 April 2019