The CLEAPSS service supports governing bodies/schools in their responsibilities to provide effective safe working and learning conditions in the areas of Science, Design & Technology and Art for all staff, pupils and visitors to school. It provide access to the CLEAPSS website giving access to guidance, risk assessments, updates etc. Also includes the distribution of the CLEAPSS newsletter published three times a year.
Annual membership to CLEAPSS via the LA membership scheme which includes:
- access to a wide range of activities and support materials for Science, D&T and art including guidance leaflets via their website including model risk assessments. The guidance covers a wide range of topics ranging from use of glue guns to looking after animals at school.
- (log on details will be provided following purchase of SLA)
- HAZcards and recipe cards containing advice on use of chemicals
- regular newsletters from CLEAPSS
- CLEAPSS telephone and email helpline (all year round not just term time) for expert subject advice
Community and Voluntary Controlled schools can only subscribe to CLEAPSS through a local authority. A significant subscription discount is offered to Voluntary Aided, Foundation (trust) schools applying through a local authority.
For more information contact the Corporate Health and Safety Team, email firstname.lastname@example.org phone 01202 633472 or 01202 633463.
Page last updated: 05 April 2019