Most schools require pupils to wear a school uniform. The individual school prospectus sets out its policy on school uniform.
We no longer issue a Crisis Clothing Grant. This brings us in line with most other local authorities who removed this grant some time ago.
If you are having difficulty with providing your child with a school uniform, please consider:
- contacting the school your child attends to discuss it with them
- purchasing second hand items from school scheme (where applicable)
- checking with Job Centre Plus or Citizens Advice Bureau that you are getting all that you are entitled to in terms of benefits
- purchasing items from main street supermarkets at reduced prices
- discussing with any professionals outside of school that you and your children may be involved with to see if they have any suggestions
Page last updated: 02 May 2019