Helping you with information, advice, and support about Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
SENDiass4BCP, previously Bournemouth SENDiass and Poole SENDIASS, provide a free, confidential, and impartial service for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) who live across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole and their parents or carers. We are arms’ length from the local authority.
We can help if you are a child or young person (0-25 years old) with special educational needs or disabilities or if you are the parent or carer of a child or young person with SEND.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we are no longer based at an office and are working towards providing an accessible advice line. For the moment, we can be reached via at email@example.com Our number of 01202 451970 is currently not manned (voicemails will not be picked up) but that will changing during December.
We are open between 9-5 Monday to Friday.
You can find further information, including fact sheets produced by us, on our website.
As a service we can:
- listen to, and help you to, voice your views and concerns
- work with you to explore your options
- help you to understand your family’s rights in relation to special educational needs and disabilities
- help you to understand your family’s rights in relation to exclusions
- prepare for and/or attend meetings with you, including annual reviews and meetings about exclusions
- understand reports, letters, processes
- support you to write letters and express your views
- support you through the Education, Health and Care Plan process
- help you to resolve issues and find solutions
- provide advice and support on mediation and SEND Tribunals
Further Useful Links:
Further SEND Legal Information and Advice can be obtained from https://www.ipsea.org.uk/
Page last updated: 09 November 2020