Pre-application advice is an important part of the planning process. We welcome early discussions before you submit a planning application.
This can help you by:
- giving you advice about the acceptability of your proposed development
- identifying any problems which you may need to solve
- identifying financial contributions
- avoiding abortive work
- providing greater certainty about your application
- speeding up the application process
How to apply
To apply for pre-application advice, download the pre-application advice guidance document. This contains more details about the service and prices.
You will also need the pre-application advice form.
Page last updated: 11 June 2019