Broadstone Neighbourhood Plan was made on 27 June 2018.
View a map showing the boundary of the boundary of the neighbourhood plan area.
The Neighbourhood Plan has been adopted.
Dates of each stage
The dates of each stage are:
- Broadstone Neighbourhood Forum established in 2012
- relevant body and neighbourhood area designated on 12 February 2013
- regulation 14 plan consultation between 13 April and 31 May 2016
- regulation 16 plan submitted to LPA on 16 August 2017
- regulation 16 plan consultation between 10 November and 22 December 2017
- plan sent for examination November 2017
- referendum held on 7 June 2018
- date of adoption 27 June 2018
See the Neighbourhood Plan Policies Map.
Pre draft plan stage
Broadstone Neighbourhood Forum was established in 2012.
Economy Overview and Scrutiny Committee recommendations were made on 24 January 2013. Read the minutes of this meeting.
Cabinet agreed on 12 February 2013:
- Broadstone Neighbourhood Forum be designated a relevant body for the purpose of producing a neighbourhood plan
- the area boundary of the neighbourhood plan
- the wider consultation zone
Read the minutes of this meeting.
Regulation 14 draft plan stage
Broadstone Neighbourhood Forum consulted on their draft neighbourhood plan between 13 April and 31 May 2016.
The plan has since been revised to take account of representations made.
Regulation 16 plan stage
Broadstone Forum Neighbourhood Plan was submitted September 2017 for regulation 16 public consultation.
See the consultation documents.
We also consulted on the renewal of the Broadstone Neighbourhood Forum designation.
The neighbourhood plan was considered with officer recommendations at Place Overview and Scrutiny Committee on 4 October 2017.
Council has accepted the recommendations and modifications made to the Broadstone Neighbourhood Plan by the independent examiner in the report dated 23 January 2018. Council has agreed that the modified plan is legally compliant and has agreed to the issuing of a decision statement setting out a schedule of modifications.
The Broadstone Neighbourhood Plan was approved for referendum following the Full Council meeting on 24 April 2018.
In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (Regulations) Referendum 2012 Regulations, specified documents must be made available during the referendum period (28 days before the referendum date), as follows:
The Broadstone Neighbourhood Plan was made on 27 June 2018. It now forms part of the Statutory Development Plan for Poole, and must be taken into account as a starting point for part of the decision making process when considering planning applications within the neighbourhood plan area.
Page last updated: 11 December 2018