In order to enhance the services we provide for our clients we have adopted the Local Authority Partnering Initiative. This scheme encourages clients such as architects, contractors and developers to partner with the Building Control Authority of their choice. Building Regulation applications are then assessed for compliance by the partnering authority wherever, in the country, the work may be. This develops an excellent working relationship resulting in the development of the familiarity and expertise needed to process the applications more efficiently and enables us to attract higher quality staff who can better service the needs of our local clients.
Partnership - what is it and what are the benefits?
Partnering was designed to help those companies who operate in multiple locations and deal with many local authorities. The scheme enables a company or adviser to have a one to one working relationship with a preferred local authority for advice and plan appraisal. The site inspections are carried out by the local authority where each project is carried out. Currently the LABC has over 2,500 successful partnership agreements throughout the country.
Benefits of partnering
Professionals working in larger regional or national companies desire a business relationship with these benefits:
- the convenience of a single building control Partner Authority managing the process in local authorities around the country
- consistent advice and a coherent approach to best practice
- competitive pricing
- expert knowledge from people who have practical experience in innovative design
- a multi-disciplined approach co-ordinating specialists from fire, police, highways, environmental health and planning
- the benefit of detailed local knowledge and local circumstances to provide solutions on 'difficult' or complex sites
- a fast turnaround on plan checking, inspection and completion certification
- straightforward seamless administration and billing systems that can be adapted to client project management requirements
- advise on existing or future energy, environmental and quality standards
Make a partnership authority application
Once you have spoken to us about becoming one of our partners you will need to fill out the Partnership application form. Please call us on 01202 633250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details:
Once you are a partner, you will need to fill out our partner authority full plans application form.
Page last updated: 02 April 2019