Change of use

Where a material change of use occurs a Building Regulations application should be made. These are where:

  • the building is used as a dwelling, hotel, boarding house, institution or public building where previously it was not
  • the building contains a flat where previously it did not
  • the building was previously exempt and will not be after the change
  • a building containing at least one dwelling is converted to provide a greater or lesser number of dwellings than it did previously (the term dwelling includes a flat)
Page last updated: 02 April 2019
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.