Christmas and New Year
BCP Council libraries are open during their usual hours across the festive period, including Saturdays, apart from the following:
- closed at 2pm on Tuesday 24 December
- closed on 25 and 26 December (re-open on 27 December)
- closed at 5pm on Tuesday 31 December
- closed on Wednesday 1 Jan 2020 (re-open on 2 January 2020)
About this library
Poole Central Library is situated on the second floor of the Dolphin Centre. This library has the following:
- books, DVDs, CDs and audiobooks for all the family to borrow and hire
- computers with free access to the Internet and printing facilities
- free WiFi
- daily newspapers and magazines to read in the library
- tea and coffee available
- self-service kiosks to issue and return your items to avoid queuing
- 24/7 drop-box so you can return your items when the library is closed
- ReadySpex Reading Glasses with strengths from 1.25 to 3.50 are available to purchase from £2.99
- Business Enterprise Library
- seminar room for hire
Events and activities
We hold events in all of our libraries.
You can check:
The entrance to the library is on the second floor of the Dolphin Centre on the bus station side - there is a lift from the pavement by the bus station, and a flight of stairs next to it, as well as an escalator just inside the centre by HMV. There is ample car parking in the Dolphin Centre car park.
Find out more about our accessible library services.
Page last updated: 29 November 2019