Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
Following advice from the government regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) we have started reopening our libraries, see the latest Library service information
See further information about changes to services
If you look after children there are many ways we can help you – our libraries have specialist resources which you can access for free.
Your local librarycan help you with:
- books on parenting, childcare and development
- large collection of early years books at Rossmore library
- books to share with your children
- books to help children with growing up
- large print books and Dyslexia friendly books from Dyslexia Action in all our libraries with larger collections at Poole Central library
- reluctant readers might enjoy the collections of picture books for older children in all our libraries
- homework support
- Reading Pictures Collection- a selection of books with few or no words to share and enjoy together
The library service manages the Bookstartscheme, which aims to promote the gift of the love of reading in all children.
We offer special library cards available for childminders, playgroups etc.
Please contact your local libraryfor details.
Services for the visually impaired
In Poole Central library you can explore finger fun books for visually impaired children to help with their tactile skills, plus a Giant Print and Braille book collection. You can also borrow DVD's free of charge (2 per visit).
Find out about our accessible library services.
Services for local childminders
Bournemouth and Poole libraries offer a range of services for local childminders including:
- free activities
- braille, large print and Dyslexia friendly books
- ebooks and audio books
- toy libraries
- picture books
- books about child development
- a special library card, which lets you borrow 40 children's books for 6 weeks
For more information and to sign up ask at your local library.
Page last updated: 17 July 2020