Bright Futures - our apprenticeship scheme
Our Bright Futures apprenticeship programme offers high-quality learning and development designed to prepare apprentices for future employment, employability and active citizenship of a high quality. We want to unlock local talent while offering new and innovative types of apprenticeships.
In order to achieve this, we commit to:
- reward our high quality apprentices by paying them above the national minimum wage for apprentices
- provide apprentices with support from a manager and a mentor
- provide on and off the job training
- offer information, advice and guidance during and at the end of the apprenticeship
- provide a personal development plan
- use well regarded training providers with proven training track records
- increase the range of apprenticeships available, with a specific focus upon skills shortages, disadvantaged young people, including care leavers, and those not in education, employment or training (NEET)
Rates of pay
We will offer you higher than the Apprentice National Minimum apprenticeship rate of pay, as follows:
- For Intermediate – level 2 apprenticeships (usually one year): Your starting hourly rate will be £4.50 per hour increasing to £5.30 per hour on successful completion of the probationary period (usually six months)
- For Advanced – level 3 apprenticeships (usually up to 18 months): Your starting hourly rate will be £7.05 per hour. After the first year, you will move to the National Minimum Wage for your age if you are under 25 or the National Living Wage if 25 or over, if it is higher than the £7.05 per hour
Guiding your development
We can give you a mentor from within the organisation to support your development while you're with us.
While we can’t guarantee a permanent job at the end of your apprenticeship, if there is a position available at that time and you meet the minimum requirements, you will have our full support to interview for the post.
Page last updated: 02 February 2018