This is a half day facilitated practical workshop to discuss the application of the act. It is aimed at adult social care managers and practitioners who use the act on a regular basis and is an opportunity to update and refresh your knowledge of the act, reflect on the use of the act and share good practice.
Please feel free to bring current cases with you for discussion on the day.
You should have already attended an Introduction to Mental Capacity Act and DoLS course as it will be assumed that participants have a sound working knowledge of the act.
- identify recent case law and its impact on the Mental Capacity Act and their practice (main aspect of the session)
- recognise how to assess capacity and record findings accurately
- summarise the purpose and principles of the Mental Capacity Act in practice
- define how to assess complex cases within the act
- understand the discussion around capacity and capability
- exploration of strengths based approach in assessment and positive risk assessment
- understand personalised approaches to MCA assessments
The cost of this course is £30.
22 May 2019 - More information / Book now
All bookings are made using CPD Online. If you do not already have a CPD account, please send an email to email@example.com with your:
- organisation name
- telephone number
Please note: Adult social care courses are for staff currently employed in a health and social care setting.
Page last updated: 01 March 2019