Extra Care Housing (ECH) offers a way of supporting people over the age of 18 years, to live independently for as long as possible. It provides the security and privacy of an own home; with the range of additional facilities on the premises together with 24 hours, 7 day a week onsite care service. ECH is a housing option for people whose disabilities, frailty, vulnerability or health needs make ordinary housing unsuitable, but who do not need, or want to move to long term care.
There are three schemes in Poole (Belmont court, Delphis court and Trinidad village) that can offer this type of accommodation. All Schemes are open to any adult aged 18 years or above with a care, support and housing need. It provides planned care and support to residents assessed by Social Services as having eligible care needs.
The provision of a Care and Wellbeing Service supports resident’s independence by enabling individuals to do tasks for themselves, rather than having others do things for them. The objectives of the service are:
- to develop or sustain resident’s capacity to live independently
- to reduce the number of people entering residential/nursing home care
- to reduce the number of emergency admissions to hospital
- to increase the number of people able to remain in the community
- to provide support to carers
- to maximise the number of people who are supported to participate in community activities
The process for applying for Extracare can be found on the local lettings plan.
If you are unsure or have any queries regarding Extracare housing, you can contact us on 01202 123147.
Page last updated: 19 April 2021