Check if you are at risk of flooding now or in the next few days with Environment Agency Flood Warnings.
Register for flood warnings and alerts if your home or business is at risk of flooding at the Environment Agency Floodline or use the 24 hr Floodline on 0345 988 1188.
Information on sandbags and how to use them to prepare for a flood. We are unable to provide homes and businesses with sandbags. You can also read about our flood risk management strategy.
Reporting a flood
You can report flooding and drainage issues in parks and open spaces.
You can also report flooding on roads or pavements in Poole. Please do not use this form to report an emergency. Emergencies should be reported by phone:
- during normal opening hours (9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4.30pm Fridays) on 01202 123123
- out of hours on 0800 506050.
What we do about flooding
We aim to:
- schedule maintenance such as gully emptying to areas at greater risk of flooding
- work with Wessex Water who are responsible for the public sewer beyond highway drainage
- prioritise our planning and response based on Environment Agency alerts and warnings and liaise with emergency services
- encourage residents and businesses to plan and prepare for flooding
- if feasible and time permits, be on site, notifying properties and businesses likely to be impacted by tidal flooding in and around Poole Quay, West Quay and Lower Hamworthy
- be on site during the risk period of any Environment Agency Warnings or Severe Warnings
What we cannot do about flooding
We are unable to:
- inspect, clean and prepare every drain, ditch and culvert
- respond to every flooding incident
- provide sandbags and other flood defence equipment to residents or businesses
What you can do about flooding
You can help by:
Page last updated: 19 April 2021