Appeal your Council Tax

If you do not agree with your Council Tax band, you can find information on how to appeal on the charges and bands page.

Appeal your Council Tax liability

You can ask us to reconsider our decision:

  • to hold you liable for Council Tax, on your own or with someone else
  • not to award a discount or exemption
  • not to award a disabled reduction for your property
  • to issue a completion notice for a new or altered property (you must contact us within 28 days of the completion notice to appeal)

We will respond in writing after we have made a decision. We aim to do this within 2 months although you should receive a reply much sooner.

If we agree that your liability is incorrect we will send you a revised bill. If we decide our original decision was correct we will provide you with a written explanation. You will have the right to appeal to the Valuation Tribunal within 2 months from the date of our response.

If you have not received a reply after 2 months please contact us again first to check that we received your original request. After 2 months of your original request you can appeal direct to the Valuation Tribunal within a further 2 months.

You can appeal your Council Tax liability by emailing or write to us:

Stour Valley and Poole Partnership
PO Box 722
BH15 2YE

You will need to state clearly what it is you are asking us to reconsider and provide supporting evidence.

Page last updated: 24 March 2021
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.