A consultation was run on proposed pedestrian and cycling improvements in:
Lagland Street (High Street to Newfoundland Drive)
Newfoundland Drive (from Lagland Street to Pitwines Close)
As displayed in our map of the area with proposed changes, the scheme includes:
- widening of pavements and new crossing points. This is to improve access from the Green Road/Old Town first school area to the High Street
- new shared use path away from traffic along Newfoundland Drive. This will aim to help encourage less confident cyclists (including children) and link to the existing shared path through Poole Quarter
- new bus shelter at the stop outside the Lord Wimborne pub. This would have better seating and an electronic information screen with live bus information. We would also widen the pavement here to allow people to pass by more easily
The scheme could also include:
- new road and pavement surfaces
- tree planting
- widened pavements (including outside the Foundry Arms pub)
- removal of unnecessary guard railings
We have developed this scheme to create an environment which is safer and more pleasant for all users, by helping to reduce traffic speed along Newfoundland Drive.
Most of this work is funded by contributions from developers. These funds have to be spent improving pedestrian and cycling facilities between the ALDI/university building in Pitwines Close and the High Street.
The consultation ran from 19 May to 16 June 2017.
If you have any questions about the consultation please call Transportation Services on 01202 262000or email email@example.com.
We will present your feedback to the Transportation Advisory Group (TAG) committee members in a report on 13 July 2017.
Page last updated: 12 April 2019