Do not forget to recycle your wrapping paper, Christmas cards and sweet tins in your blue bin once all the festivities are over.
Wrapping paper can be recycled in your blue bin, providing it is paper based (not plastic or foil - check to see if it tears like paper) and is mostly free from sticky tape.
Did you know you can recycle all these materials in your blue recycling bin?
- aluminium foil – mince pie cases, sweet wrappers
- cardboard – mince pie boxes
- paper – wrapping paper
- food and drink cartons – juice or milk cartons
- plastic bottles – party drink bottles
- plastic food packaging – yoghurt pots, margarine tubs
- cans – biscuit or sweets tins and drinks cans
- glass – cranberry sauce jars
Page last updated: 02 January 2019