If someone's life or property is at risk, always call 999.
Our out of hours team provide an emergency response for any child in Bournemouth or Poole, who is in crisis or needs urgent help.
How to contact the children's out of hours service
You should only call if the safety and/or welfare of a child or young person is at serious risk of significant harm, and the situation cannot wait until 9am the next working day.
You can call our out of hours service on 01202 738256:
- Monday to Friday, from 5pm to 9am
- all day Saturdays and Sundays
- all bank holidays, including Christmas Day and New Year's Day
Outside of these times, you should use the normal daytime contact numbers for the service you need. If you do not have a number, or are not sure which to call, you can call:
How to know if you should call
You should call us if:
- you are urgently concerned about the safety or welfare of a child
- you need to make a referral to safeguard a child or young person who is at risk of harm
How we will respond to your call
We will always listen to you carefully and sensitively, but can only take immediate action if we think you or the person you are calling about is at serious risk.
After taking your phone call, we may:
- offer advice and information, which may help
- direct you to other services for support
- refer you to a social worker who will assess your call for priority against other demands, dependent on the needs of the child
Page last updated: 02 May 2019