Children's First Response Hub
The Children's Service First Response Hub provides the public and professionals with advice, information and support for children who are vulnerable and at risk.
Children's First Response Hub can help if you:
- are worried about a child or young person who is at risk of (or is being) hurt or abused
- know of a child or young person who may be vulnerable without additional help and support
- want to know more about services to support children, young people and their families
- need support to agree an Early Help offer.
If you're concerned, but not sure a child is at risk
Discuss the circumstances with us or with someone else who works with children, such as a teacher or health visitor. All professionals who work with children have a responsibility to safeguard them and will know how to help.
Contact Children's First Response Hub
If you are a member of the public please telephone or e-mail the team. If you are a professional please complete the Inter-Agency Referral Form.
Phone, email or complete a referral form:
The First Response Hub is open:
- Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 5:15pm
- Friday, 8.30am to 4.45pm
Urgent help out of hours
The out of hours service offer emergency support for any child who is in crisis, needs urgent help or is at serious risk of significant harm.
In an emergency, or if you believe a child is at immediate danger or risk of harm, call the police on 999.
Page last updated: 16 March 2021