For a quote or more details
call us on 01202 096567
As well as protecting consumers and reducing the impact of rogue traders, being a Trading Standards Approved business offers you a number of benefits. The scheme provides you with an enhanced reputation and increased customer confidence, with an excellent opportunity to help differentiate your business from your competitors.
The scheme is run via our local Trading Standards services and any business in any sector can make an application to join. Applicants must pass a set of tailored background checks, to ensure that honesty and integrity are core values held by all Buy With Confidence members.
Buy With Confidence (BWC) is the largest Trading Standards approval scheme in the country, with knowledge and experience dating back more than 15 years. With nearly 5,000 businesses signed up, BWC aims to provide consumers with access to trustworthy local businesses which have given their commitment to trading fairly and resolving any issues.
Membership is only granted to businesses if they meet a list of demanding criteria, which demonstrates that they have a positive attitude to providing good customer service and will trade legally and fairly.
BWC is based on robust Trading Standards vetting of all applicants for membership before approval and ongoing monitoring after joining. We believe this ensures continuing high standards from our members.
Feedback is available for potential clients to view online so they can see how satisfied your existing customers were with your work.
All BWC members undertaking work in the customer’s home are also required to supply a criminal records check as part of the application process, further enhancing the reputation of the scheme.
Services we offer
Buy With Confidence scheme
Benefits of the Buy With Confidence scheme are:
- independent recognition of your business’s high standards by a high profile, trusted, business regulator
- local promotion of the scheme in general and opportunities to advertise your own businesses Trading Standards Approved status, including the use of the scheme logo on vehicles and websites
- your business details listed on www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk
- signposting to your business by Trading Standards Officers, Borough of Poole’s Customer Service Advisors and our partner agencies such as Dorset Police and Citizens Advice.
Increased levels of customer care support, advice and updates on any changes to the law and how it may affect your business direct from Trading Standards
Mediation in the event of a dispute
Why you should choose us
- the largest local authority-run trader approval scheme, operated across the South West, with national coverage expanding rapidly
- independently run by Trading Standards, not third parties
- not for profit; we are run purely for the benefit of the scheme members and local residents with membership fees reinvested back into the running and promotion of the scheme
- excellent value for money; the opportunity to market your business as approved by Trading Standards.
Contact us for a quote on 01202 096567.
Page last updated: 22 April 2021