Street trading licence

Street trading is defined as the selling or offering for sale of any article in the street.

Permission is required from us and responsibility for this is divided between Poole Town Centre Partnership, Culture and Community Learning and Environmental Services.

How to apply

Poole Town Centre Partnership manage all street trading and market trading in the town centre.

Culture and Community Learning manage all concessions and street trading that takes place in open spaces and parks in Poole. This includes responsibility for the beaches and promenades. Read our document for more information about streets you can trade on.

Environmental Services have responsibility for all other locations in Poole. Currently there are no available pitches identified as being suitable for street trading in these locations.

When you do not need street trading consent

You do not need street trading consent if you are:

  • trading as a pedlar under licence issues by a police authority
  • a market trader operating at a licensed market value
  • a news vendor selling only newspapers and periodicals

If you are trading on private land you may not need consent. To confirm the situation you are advised to contact us. The landowner may need planning permission and you are advised to contact our planning office.

Page last updated: 07 June 2019
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.