All private hire vehicles must operate via a licensed operator.
The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 defines a private hire vehicle as:
"any motor vehicle adapted to carry less than 9 passengers and which is provided for hire with the services of a driver to carry passengers, but which is not already licensed as a hackney carriage (taxi) or as a public service vehicle (bus or coach)".
If you have any questions please call us on 01202 262202.
- be a 'fit and proper' person
- have an business operating address within the Borough of Poole
How to apply
Applicants must complete and return: Email your request for an application form or call us on 01202 262202.
Applicants must supply:
(Only where disclosure and barring service form is required)
- current passport or original birth certificate
- National Insurance number (NI card or P45/P60)
- two proofs of current address e.g. utility bill or bank statement (dated within last 3 months)
- 1 year private hire operators licence - £75
- 5 year private hire operators licence - £207
Page last updated: 08 February 2019