House to house collections permit

To make door-to-door charitable collections, you need to apply for a house to house collection permit, which allows you to collect money as well as direct debit pledges, clothes, furniture or other items to help a charitable cause. Sometimes 'charity bags' are used to collect these items.

If you want to collect on a street as well you must apply for a street collection permit.

Application form

Fill in our online application form to apply to collect for charity in Poole. You'll also be able to upload a copy of your permission from the charity. 


You need to complete an application for each collection you wish to make within the next 6 months giving us at least 1 months notice.  

You'll need to upload a letter of authorisation from the organisation or charity that you're raising money for. If you're a business representing these charities, you'll also need to upload a copy of your contract.

Financial returns

You'll need to submit a financial return within a month of the collection ending. You'll have to complete this return even if no money was collected. You also need to upload proof the amount has been paid to the charity. This can be a bank statement or letter/email from the charity.

Once your collection has ended, we'll send you an email with details of how to submit your financial return online. 

Page last updated: 13 May 2020
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.