Credit licence

A business must be authorised by the Consumer Credit Licensing Section of the Financial Conduct Authority under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 if it:

  • offers credit to consumers
  • lends money to consumers
  • allows customers time to pay for goods and services

How to apply for authorisation for your business to supply consumer credit

Details on how to apply for authorisation are available from the Financial Conduct Authority.

Page last updated: 08 February 2019
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.