Marriages and civil partnerships

Here you can find out what to do if you're arranging your wedding or civil partnership.

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

Following the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) advice from the government, small weddings and civil partnership ceremonies are allowed to take place with a limited number of guests.

Win a wedding

Hot Radio are running a competition for a couple to ‘win a wedding’ in the BCP Council area. You can find out more and enter the competition on the Hot Radio website.

Legal requirements and documents you need to get married or form a civil partnership.

Information about when to book and what you need to tell us.

Approved venues for wedding or civil partnership ceremonies and how you can get in touch with them. 

Find out about fees for giving notice, hiring a venue and registrar's attendance.

How to register for a civil partnership and how to convert from a civil partnership to marriage.

A list of places that have applied to get a marriage and civil partnership licence (public notices).

Can't find what you're looking for?

Try using our search.

Page last updated: 24 September 2020
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.