We keep records of all graves purchased in our cemeteries.
If you wish to find a grave, please complete the application form, try to fill in all of the details as this will help us locate the grave quickly.
Download the grave search application form
Please return the form to:
Fax: 01202 659497
Please note: there is a charge for this service:
- first half hour: £32.00
- each subsequent hour: £64.00 (up to a maximum charge of £128.00)
Exhumation of both buried and cremated remains generally requires a licence from the Ministry of Justice.
Exhumations occur for a number of reasons, including:
- movement from the original grave to a subsequently acquired family plot in the same or other cemetery
- repatriation overseas to be buried along with other family
- transfer from one cemetery scheduled for development to another
- court orders requiring further forensic examination
It is an offence to exhume any human remains without first obtaining the necessary lawful permissions. Funeral Directors can help in obtaining these. Alternatively approach the Ministry of Justice for a licence.
Page last updated: 23 November 2018