Missing, damaged or additional bin

Missing or damaged bin

If your bin is missing or badly damaged, you can call us on 01202 261700 to ask for a replacement.

If it's missing, please check that the bin is not nearby or at a neighbour's house.

If the wheels on your recycling or rubbish bin are broken, we should be able to fix this free of charge. Any other damage will require a replacement.

There is a charge for this service:

  • £45 for a replacement rubbish bin
  • £55 for a replacement recycling bin

Additional bin request

You can apply for an additional bin if:

  • your household has 6 or more permanent residents
  • your household has 5 residents including a child in nappies
  • your household has 3 or more children in nappies
  • someone in your household has medical needs that create extra waste

If this request relates to a communal property, we will carry out an assessment and may provide larger bins if necessary.

We will only consider applications by phone on 01202 261700. Each will be considered on a case by case basis. A request does not guarantee you extra capacity.

There is a charge for this service:

  • £45 for an additional rubbish bin
  • £55 for an additional recycling bin

If you receive certain benefits

If you're in receipt of certain income based benefits you may be able to have an additional/replacement bin free of charge. Please see the list below to see if you're eligible.

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit - Guarantee Credit
  • Universal Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Support
Page last updated: 20 November 2020
Help us improve poole.gov.uk
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.