Change in circumstances

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we are able to offer some extra assistance to those who most need it.

See further information about changes to services.

What you need to tell us about

You will need to let us know if any changes happen with:

  • the people that live in your house
  • the income of anyone in your house
  • your capital

If you are not sure if your change in circumstance will affect your benefits, tell us anyway.

Who lives in your household

You must let us know if:

  • anyone moves into or out of your home, including lodgers and subtenants
  • you have a child
  • any of your children leave school or leave home
  • you or your partner are going to be away from home for four weeks or more
  • someone you live with dies

Where you live

You must let us know if:

  • you move (this includes moving to another flat or room at the same address)
  • your rent changes

Please note: If you are moving to a different council area, you may need to apply for Universal Credit.

Your income

You must let us know if:

  • your income or the income of anyone living with you changes, including getting other benefits, for example, Tax Credits
  • you or your partner's wages go up or down
  • you or anyone living with you starts work

Your capital

You must let us know if:

  • your capital or savings change. We need to know if you have more than £6,000 if you are working age, £10,000 if you are of State Pension Credit Qualifying Age, or if you have more than £16,000 in your bank account or in assets
Page last updated: 17 April 2020
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.