Benefits you can claim

To make sure you are claiming all benefits you are entitled to, you should use an independent benefit calculator.

The central Government website has up to date information on benefits and a list of Benefit Calculators you can use.

We are responsible for making payments of:

We can also help people in certain circumstances with Discretionary Housing Payments.

Most other Benefits are paid by the Department for Work and Pensions, Pensions Service or HMRC.

You should first check if you meet the criteria for Universal Credit, do not forget you will still need to apply to us separately for help to pay your Council Tax.

Page last updated: 19 October 2018
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.