Housing Benefit

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we are able to offer some extra assistance to those who most need it.

See further information about changes to services.

Apply for Housing Benefit

Before you apply

If you or your partner is of working age and you are seeking assistance with your rent, please first check if you should apply for Universal Credit.


Self employed assessment form

If you are applying for Housing Benefit and you or your partner are self employed we normally need you to provide a current profit and loss account. We cannot calculate your income from receipts and or weekly/monthly income and expenditure records.

If you do not have a profit and loss account, please complete and then submit the online Supplementary self employed earnings information form.

Standard reclaim form

If you are already claiming Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support and your Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based), Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related) or Pension Credit (Guarantee) has ceased, please complete the standard reclaim application form.

Please provide supporting evidence for your claim straight away. Supporting evidence must be provided within one month of the date your form is received. Supporting evidence can be provided by uploading documents within the form, or after submitting the form, you can send the evidence in an email to svpp@bcpcouncil.gov.uk quoting your National Insurance number in the subject line.

If you need help applying, please call us on 0345 034 4569 and we can support you through the process.

Page last updated: 17 April 2020
Help us improve poole.gov.uk
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.