Housing Benefit


Housing Benefit helps you pay your rent if you're on a low income and your savings and investments are below a certain level. Claiming Housing Benefit will not affect any other benefits you get.

If you are of working age, we can no longer accept new claims for Housing Benefit as you will need to claim Universal Credit, unless:

  • you or your partner are of state pension credit qualifying age
  • you have more than two children, or
  • you live in an exempt accommodation, or
  • you live in temporary accommodation

How much you are entitled to depends on your personal circumstances, you can use benefit calculators for an idea of what you might be entitled to.

Page last updated: 19 October 2018
Help us improve poole.gov.uk
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.