Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP)

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we are able to offer some extra assistance to those who most need it.

See further information about changes to services.

Apply for DHP

We prefer you apply online. This speeds things up, saves public money and frees up time so we can support those who are unable to apply online.


DHP towards rent in advance and/or rent deposits

You can also ask for assistance towards rent deposits and/or rent in advance. If you wish to be considered then you must first contact your Local Authority housing office to apply for assistance, if you haven't done that already.

Once you have discussed your situation with the housing office you can make a claim on the online form by answering yes to the question: "Do you wish to apply for a rent deposit/rent in advance to help secure an affordable property?"

If you need help applying, please call us on 0345 034 4569 and we can support you through the process.

Page last updated: 17 April 2020
Help us improve poole.gov.uk
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.