Please read our general privacy notice as well as this notice.
What we do
Parks have responsibility for the management and operation of over 1,000 hectares of parks, gardens, countryside, allotments, farms, churchyards and other open spaces, including numerous sports and play facilities provided within them, which are either owned or held in Trust by the Council. BCP Council will be the Data Controller for the personal information you provide.
The purposes we use your personal information for
We will collect personal information to provide you with goods and services for the following purposes:
- to respond to enquiries and complaints about the management and maintenance of our sites
- to contact you to give you information relating to the management and maintenance of our sites
- to manage bookings relating to sports activities and other events on Parks sites
- to respond to volunteering enquiries and manage our volunteers from different teams across the borough
- to manage contracts leases and agreements relating to pavilions, cafes and concessions in partnership with clubs and community groups
We are not permitted to collect information we do not need or will not use. This document covers information you have provided direct to the Council and information which has been shared with us by other organisations.
If we don’t need your personal information we will keep your details anonymous. If we use your personal information for research or analysis, we will always keep your details anonymous or use a fake name.
We don’t sell your personal information to anyone else.
The personal information we collect and use
We only obtain and use the information we need to provide our services to you. We do not obtain and use special category information
The law we use to process your personal information
The GDPR/DPA conditions we meet
The conditions that we use to process your personal information are:
- Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
- Consent: You, or your legal representative has given us explicit consent, by signing up to our marketing mail service (newsletter sign up form), or by providing us with your contact details in our enquiry form
You have given consent for us to process your personal data for the specific purposes as listed above.
How to withdraw your consent
Under the GDPR, our customers can withdraw consent at anytime, by unsubscribing from our mailing list (you can do this from the link at the bottom of our marketing emails, or by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org).
Where you have been asked to provide your consent to processing you can withdraw it at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact or talk to the officer in the Council who has been providing the service or services to you. If you do not have an officer that you have regular contact with, please make your request to withdraw consent to our Customer Services team.
Remember to tell us which service or services your request applies to, so that we know who to send it to within the Council.
Who we may share your information with
We use a range of organisations to either store personal information or to help deliver our services to you. Sometimes we have a legal duty to provide your personal information to other organisations, for example the court service or HMRC.
We may also share your personal information with these organisations:
- MailChimp® - a registered trademark of The Rocket Science Group. MailChimp® is the software we use to send out our emails to large lists of people
- Bournemouth Building Maintenance Limited – a trading arm of the council (some of our staff are employed by this company)
- Surveymonkey Inc – a company that owns the software we use for our research and data collection
- Ezytreev tree management software (ra Information systems Limited)
- Gower Consultants Limited (Epilog software), used for management of memorial benches and trees in our open spaces
Your information will not be disclosed to any other organisations, except where we are required and allowed to by law.
We may seek your consent if we are able to offer additional services which we believe are of benefit to you. This will be clearly communicated to you. We will only share your details with these organisations if we have your consent. We will not share your information otherwise.
How long we keep information about you
We will retain this information until you choose to unsubscribe as stated in our retention schedule. Please email or write in to us, to amend your information or raise a concern or complaint:
Environment / Parks, BCP Council, Queens Park Pavilion, Queens Park West Drive, Bournemouth BH8 9BY.
Page last updated: 07 August 2019