Planning and Regeneration Services carries out a range of functions and helps to shape the future of the Borough of Poole through the preparation of planning policy, promotion of economic development and regeneration, urban design and conservation, dealing with planning and treework applications and enforcement. Click this link to view planning applications on-line.
The main functions of the unit cover:
- Planning Policy and Implementation whose primary role is the production of the statutory planning framework for Poole, including those plans and policies that make up the Local Development Framework, a suite of planning documents that over time will replace the Poole Local Plan First Alteration adopted March 2004. The team also promote the implementation of planning policy through the preparation of statutory and non-statutory guidance and participation in the development/regeneration process, and working with partners to provide a co-ordinated approach across South East Dorset.
- Economic Development and Regeneration who have responsibility for the review and implementation of the sub regional economic development strategy and support the management of the Enterprise and Economy aspects of the Local Area Agreement. The regeneration role will focus on improving outcomes for local people through supporting partners in delivering a better quality of life for Poole’s residents. In addition, developing and maintaining good relations with the business community, promoting inward investment and responding to requests for assistance from business as well as delivering projects to facilitate the improved performance of the local economy.
- Urban design, conservation, tree preservation and environmental improvement initiatives.
- Dealing with applications for planning permission and work on protected trees within the Borough of Poole. The majority of these applications are delegated to the Head of Planning and Regeneration Services for decision. A small percentage of strategic applications and those considered to be more contentious are dealt with by the Council's Planning Committee, which meets once a month. Click this link to view planning applications on-line.
- Enforcement of planning law and monitoring planning conditions.
Back to top