“Commissioning and Improvement” is one of 6 Business Units making up “People Services” Theme together with:
Children and Young People’s Social Care
Adults Social Care
Housing and Community Services,
Culture and Community Learning
Children, Young People and Learning
The primary purpose of the Commissioning and Improvement Unit is to:
- Develop comprehensive commissioning strategies and plans to meet the health, care, support and service needs of local children, young people, adults and older people throughout their lives. We work with colleagues in neighbouring Councils, health and Public Health to achieve this.
- Lead on market development and contract management for adult social care services; commission quality care provision through close contract monitoring of providers. as specified in children services and to provide support, as appropriate and agreed, to all People Theme Units on contract management.
- Lead on sector led improvement, business planning and reporting of performance to local residents. Working with other Councils and stakeholders to identify what looks like good performance and sharing best practice.
- Work with Public Health colleagues to provide Public Health services.
- Lead on user involvement by capturing the voice of the user and other stakeholders to influence strategic decision making and improving current services; through a variety of surveys, engagement events, complaints and other forms of user feedback.
- Lead on ensuring public information is up to date and fit for purpose
- Lead on ensuring the service units are compliant with Council policies, wider legislation and have adequate governance arrangements in place
- Manage the independent safeguarding and reviewing requirement for Children’s Services.
- Support the People Theme in effective strategic and service planning, and support individual Service Units as agreed.
- Support Learning & Development and Workforce Planning for adult social care.
Back to top