All Private Hire vehicles must operate via a licensed operator.
The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 defines a private hire vehicle as:
"any motor vehicle adapted to carry less than nine passengers and which is provided for hire with the services of a driver to carry passengers, but which is not already licensed as a hackney carriage (taxi) or as a public service vehicle (bus or coach)".
If you have any questions please contact our Taxi Licensing Officer.
- be a 'fit and proper' person
- have an business operating address within the Borough of Poole
Applicants must complete and return:
- Private Hire Operators' Licence Application Form
- Disclosure and Barring Service Form (unless in possession of Hackney Carriage or Private Hire licence issued by us)
Email your request for an application form or call us on 01202 262202
Applicants must supply:
(only where Disclosure and Barring Service Form required)
- current passport or original birth certificate
- National Insurance number (NI card or P45/P60)
- two proofs of current address e.g. utility bill or bank statement (dated within last three months)
- One year private hire operators licence - £75
- Five year private hire operators licence - £207