All Private Hire vehicles must operate via a licensed operator.
The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 defines a private hire vehicle as:
"any motor vehicle adapted to carry less than nine passengers and which is provided for hire with the services of a driver to carry passengers, but which is not already licensed as a hackney carriage (taxi) or as a public service vehicle (bus or coach)".
If you have any questions please contact our Taxi Licensing Officer.
- be a 'fit and proper' person
- have an business operating address within the Borough of Poole
Applicants must complete and return:
- Private Hire Operators' Licence Application Form
- Disclosure and Barring Service Form (unless in possession of Hackney Carriage or Private Hire licence issued by us)
E-mail your request for an application form or call us on 01202 262200
Applicants must supply:
(only where Disclosure and Barring Service Form required)
- current passport or original birth certificate
- National Insurance number (NI card or P45/P60)
- two proofs of current address e.g. utility bill or bank statement (dated within last three months)
- One year private hire operators licence - £75
- Five year private hire operators licence - £207