Become a library volunteer! You can help by:
- Delivering Books on Wheels to housebound people
- Leading a reading group – we currently have opportunities for people to facilitate reading groups in sheltered housing schemes
- Love reading and talking about books? Join us as a volunteer reader for "Make Friends with a Book".
- Being a Friend of the Library
If you are interested in any of these, please contact Janet on 01202 262452
- We use volunteers to help run computer sessions at Poole and Canford Heath Libraries, and as Computer Buddies at most of our other libraries. To see our current vacancies, you should check out the Culture Volunteers page of our website.
Back to top
Friends' groups support the public library network in Poole - we already have groups at Canford Cliffs and Canford Heath libraries. We welcome people from all parts of the community who share an interest in books and libraries, and who want to promote the library service within the community. These groups also help the library service by fundraising to buy books, equipment and furniture, raising awareness of the library’s services through talks, visits, advocacy and other programmes, acting as a focus group for consultation, and volunteering to help with social and cultural activities held for library users. The Friends do not manage the service, set policy, or make decisions about how the service is run.
Joining the Friends has lots of benefits: you will be able contribute to the delivery of library services, be inspired by knowing you are helping to spread the joy of reading and the love of books, and the knowledge that you are advocating a service that supports the community. If you would like to join a group, please contact your local library.
Back to top