If you want any further information then our contact details are on the right hand side of this page. After an initial enquiry from you about Supported Lodgings we will phone you to exchange brief details and to arrange a visit to your home.
- We will give you information about the supported lodgings scheme and explain the assessment process to you.
- We will ask basic information about you and ask you to complete an application form.
- We will look around your home and the bedroom that you have for a young person and undertake a health and safety check.
- We will ask to see your relevant documents.
- We will take the police check forms from you to be processed.
We start filling out our assessment form so there will be lots of questions about your background, family, your education and career, the area you live in and any other relevant questions.
We will continue filling out our assessment form. Further questions will be asked which require more consideration e.g. your experience of young people, your understanding of semi-independence, your understanding of equal opportunities etc.
We will ask you for the names and addresses of three people we can contact for references. We will also ask for the contact of your GP in order for us to obtain a medical reference.
You come along and meet the team and other supported lodgings providers.
You will be given a copy of the final report for you to comment on and sign.
Once the assessment is complete your application will be presented to a panel of people who will make the final decision as to whether you can be approved as a supported lodgings provider.
You will receive written confirmation of your approval and any specific recommendations for training. You will receive allowances and support from us if you are approved.