[Skip to content]

Your Borough Of Poole

Entering Nuffield HWRC and Admissions Refusal

Proof of Residency

Entry to the HWRC is subject to you showing a site assistant proof of residency in Poole, such as:

  • recent council tax bill (this is the preferred document)
  • recent utility bill
  • current driving licence

Residents living in certain postcodes covered by the Dorset Waste Partnership can access the Nuffield HWRC. Van permits are not available for Dorset Waste Partnership residents to use the Nuffield HWRC. If you want to use a van, you can apply to the Dorset Waste Partnership to use one of their sites. 

Please be prepared to state what waste you are carrying so that you can be advised which bay(s) to use. Please declare any hazardous waste you are carrying.

Back to top 

Can I be Refused Admission?

We reserve the right to refuse admission. Examples include but are not limited to anyone who:

  • cannot produce valid I.D.
  • is carrying commercial waste
  • is driving a commercial van without a valid permit or proof of hire
  • is towing a trailer bed larger than 6 foot x 4 foot/ 1.2 metres x 1.8 metres
  • displays unacceptable behaviour
  • does not follow site safety instructions
  • attempts to salvage waste - all items left at the site are only to be taken off site by our contractors. Therefore no items will be sold or given to members of the public.

Back to top

Unacceptable Behaviour Policy

Our employees are here to help you, however the following behaviour displayed towards our staff is not acceptable and will not be tolerated:

  • Verbal abuse
  • Aggression
  • Swearing
  • Intimidation

We reserve the right to refuse admission and your number plate may be recorded.

Back to top